Disability Support courses provide comprehensive training to equip individuals with the essential skills to provide compassionate support for people with disabilities. Whether you’re looking to start a career in disability support or enhance your existing skills, this course will provide you with the knowledge and confidence you need to provide quality care for those living with disabilities. With a Certificate or Diploma in Disability Support, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue a career that is both rewarding and in demand. Our courses are designed to meet the needs of employers and offer flexible learning options to suit your lifestyle. Start your journey today and discover the rewarding career opportunities that await you in disability support.
• Definition of Disability Support – Disability support is a service that assists people with disabilities to live independently and to participate in their community. This service includes helping individuals to find employment, providing assistance with daily activities, and providing support with physical and mental health.
• Career Opportunities – There are a variety of career opportunities available in the disability support industry, such as case managers, direct support professionals, counsellors, and job coaches. Each of these positions requires different levels of education and experience.
• Education Requirements – The education requirements for a career in disability support vary depending on the position. Case managers typically need a bachelor's degree in social work or a related field, while direct support professionals may only need a high school diploma.
• Certification Requirements – Some positions may require certification depending on the state. For example, many states require direct support professionals to be certified or licensed.
• Job Outlook – The job outlook for the disability support industry is positive. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the number of jobs in this sector will grow by 11% from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations.
• Benefits of Working in Disability Support – Working in the disability support industry can be very rewarding. It is a career where you can make a difference in people’s lives and offers the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.