Allied health is a critical feature of the modern health landscape. Providing support and assistance to a range of different medical and health professionals, allied health courses can serve as an ideal entry point into more specialised professions or serve as a career path of its own. Across health administration, nutrition, natural health, health and safety, physiotherapy and many other options, you’ll get equipped with the knowledge to tackle the challenges that face the health industry today.
Get Course is one of the best places to study online allied health courses in Australia. Our course providers can help you kickstart the next step in your career and decide how you want to develop your skills. We’ll pair you up with a student advisor who will be able to take you through the application process and work with you to determine which course is best for your intended outcomes.
So if you’re looking to learn allied health with online courses, why not explore our available courses below? You can also get in touch with us for additional information — we’re looking forward to helping you get started with your studies.
Which online courses in allied health do you provide access to?
As a leading hub for allied health courses online in Australia, we provide a number of different options for study. Here are some of our current course options:
- HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance + HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance — Not sure which field you want to work in but want a broad base to start with? Need to flesh out your general skillset? This dual certificate is the perfect way to break into the health care industry or take the time to upskill.
- HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance + HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics) — Develop key knowledge around health, wellbeing and nutrition to aid patients and provide essential assistance.
- HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance + HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) — Perfect for anyone who’s looking to become an occupational therapist or an allied health assistant.
- HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance + HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) — Provide assistance to professional physiotherapists and potentially kickstart your own journey to becoming a fully qualified physiotherapist yourself.
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance — Learn the key skills you need to work as a qualified assistant in nursing or patient care attendance. You could also work as a patient services officer — all in less than 12 months.
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) — Help people recover their mobility and wellbeing as an assistant to a physiotherapist or allied health assistant.
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) — Qualify as an allied health assistant, working across occupational therapy, nutrition and a therapy assistant.
- HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) — Work with clients’ health, wellbeing and nutritional needs in a medical setting, providing them with the knowledge they need to recover effectively.
- Certificate III in Health Administration (HLT37315) — The ideal option for anyone who’s passionate about bringing their organisational skills and knowledge to the healthcare industry.
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (HLT33015) — Work in a broad range of settings, including hospitals, private practices, dental surgeries and much more. An excellent entry-level course for aspiring healthcare professionals.
Am I eligible to study allied health online in Australia?
Some of our courses do have prerequisites, but not all of them. Your student advisor will be able to provide you with more specific information for individual courses. And if it turns out you’re not eligible at this point, they will be able to indicate other courses which can help you get started on your preferred career pathway.
What kinds of career paths are available after studying allied health courses online?
When you study allied health online, it’s often the first step on a journey into the world of working in healthcare. Allied health courses are renowned for their versatility because they have so many touchstones with different areas of healthcare. They can provide broad insights into healthcare settings (e.g. hospitals and general practitioners’ offices) or be more specialised, allowing you to focus on the areas of healthcare that are of interest to you or relevant to your current position.
Some of the potential career paths include:
- Aged care
- Care assistant
- Allied health assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Hospital administration
Why should I study online allied health courses with Get Course?
Here at Get Course, we’re a leading online allied health course provider. We’ve curated our offerings to ensure that you have access to the best possible online and remote learning opportunities. We understand that people return to study for a variety of different reasons, whether you’re looking for a new career path or are looking to upskill in an existing one.
We also understand the importance of access to flexible learning opportunities. Whether you’re working full time, located outside of major population hubs or simply need to balance a variety of different factors, we understand the importance of having online and remote learning options and opportunities. So why not get in touch with us today?