Modern medicine and our access to a healthier lifestyle means that we are living longer lives these days. It comes as no surprise that the older we get, the more help and care we need. Aged care is a growth industry these days as people are enjoying longer lives, there are some things they need help with. Caring for the elderly is a very important task which demands time, patience, skill and care. From understanding their medical needs to knowing how to assist them physically, there are many areas to learn about. Undertaking training for aged care will give people the skills to help the elderly cope with their daily challenges and assist them with their long-term concerns. Please see our available Aged Care Courses below.
Online aged care courses
Modern medicine and our access to a healthier lifestyle mean that we are living longer lives these days. It comes as no surprise that the older we get, the more help and care we need. Aged care is a growth industry these days as people are enjoying longer lives, there are some things they need help with. Caring for the elderly is an important task that demands time, patience, skill, and an extreme level of care. There are many areas to learn about, from understanding their medical needs to knowing how to assist them physically and mentally.
Studying aged care can open doors for a number of different careers, including nursing, physiotherapy, allied health, nutrition and much more. So, whether you’re a new entrant to the world of caregiving or you’re an experienced helper, we have a course that can help begin, enhance and elevate your career.
Studying online aged care courses with Get Course
Undertaking training for aged care will give people the skills to help the elderly cope with their daily challenges and assist them with their long-term concerns. And it’s even easier to get started on your studies with Get Course. We offer a range of different online courses in aged care — our student advisors will be able to help you choose the one that’s right for you and enable you to make an informed and educated decision. Whether you’re looking to learn more about a specific course provider, need to know about the benefits of a particular course or have any other questions, our advisors will be able to provide you with the assistance you need. Here at Get Course, we’re all about helping you get set up for future success.
Please see our available aged care courses below, or get in touch with us for additional information today.
What sort of aged care courses in Australia do you offer?
Here at Get Course, we can provide you with access to a wide range of ways to study aged care online in Australia. These include:
- Certificate in Aged Care — Learn key practical skills to be able to provide support for those in a variety of different age care settings. Perfect for those beginning their aged care careers or those wishing to expand their skillset, it’s an ideal entry-level course.
- HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance + HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) — Discover a variety of different allied health care career paths, across nutrition and occupational therapy. If you’re passionate about working as a healthcare professional or providing support to them, this may be the course for you.
- HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance + HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) — Become a physiotherapist’s assistant, with an eye to becoming a physiotherapist yourself. This nationally-recognised qualification allows you to develop the skills you require within 24 months, helping you fast-track your career.
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance — This qualification allows you to pursue a number of different assistive paths in aged care, including nursing assistant, patient care attendance and patient services. You’ll be equipped with the necessary skills to provide better patient care and outcomes.
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) — This course is a great way to (literally) help people get back on their feet again. Assist people while they recover from injuries, help manage their pain and develop your skillset around patient care. This course is ideal for those looking to become an allied health assistant or a physical therapist.
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) — The perfect course for anyone looking to develop their healthcare skills, specifically around nutrition, occupational therapy or working as a therapy assistant.
Your student advisor will be able to provide you with a variety of information around each of these courses, including prerequisites, length of study, course outcomes and future career paths. We’ll provide you with the key information you need to get started with online aged care courses in Australia and provide you with support throughout the application process.
What sort of careers can I pursue after studying your aged care conservation courses online?
When you study aged care online, you open up a variety of different career options depending on the specific courses you choose. Your student advisor will be able to provide you with information on whether a course is appropriate for your needs. Some of the potential outcomes include:
- Social worker
- Care assistant
- Diversional therapist
- Allied health assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Funeral services
Who can study aged care courses online in Australia?
Just about anyone! Choosing to study online aged care courses is a great option for anyone who’s interested in caring for others, enhancing quality of life, providing positive outcomes and working in the formal healthcare arena. Many people are initially attracted to it due to knowing someone going through the ageing process personally, and both wanting to understand it better and bring their skillset to the industry.
Some of the aged care courses we offer do have prerequisites, but this can be discussed with your student advisor. They’ll also be able to provide you with information about how you can potentially take other courses prior if necessary.
Why should I study aged care courses online with Get Course?
There are a number of different reasons people opt to learn aged care with online courses. For some, it’s the opportunity to start an entirely new career, while for others, it’s the chance to upskill and enhance their prospects in an existing career. But no matter your specific reasons for taking these courses, being able to study online can enable you to efficiently invest in your future goals without interfering with your existing work or living arrangements.
So why opt for Get Course specifically? We feature an extensive selection of aged care classes online that are carefully curated in order to provide you with the best remote learning opportunities. We’re committed to providing you with options that will allow you to expand your knowledge and enhance your job prospects. In tandem with our student advisory, we’ll help you get equipped for the next step of your career and help you get equipped.