Study this course for just $25 per week on an interest-free payment plan.
Flexible & Online
This course has flexible and Online study options, so it works around your schedule and lifestyle.
Affordable Payment Options
Study for $25 per week!
Receive comprehensive tutor support via phone, email and chat
Course Name – Counselling Pathway
Course Duration – Self-paced learning. This course is 150 hours in duration but you have up to 12 months to complete the course.
How It’s Delivered – 100% Online
When’s the start date – Start at anytime
Course Provider – The Career Academy in Partnership with Deakin University
Payment options for this course include:
- Upfront Payments
- Interest-free Payment Plans ($25 per week).
Modules Included in the Counselling Pathway
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
The Assessment of competence
- A professional review of your CV by an expert
- Preparation of documentary evidence for the Deakin Credential assessment process – including a written testimony and other evidence as per the evidence guide.
Your Deakin University credential
- Submit your evidence and reflective testimony that you’ve developed during the Assessment of Competency via Deakin’s credential portal
- Undertake your online video testimony
- Deakin completes their assessment. You may be asked for additional evidence or testimony during this time
- Successful candidates will be issued their credential which can be shared through social platforms like LinkedIn.
Receive a FREE 12-month student membership to the International Association for Counselling
Learn to help others resolve difficult issues through counselling.
A counsellor’s role is to facilitate the resolution of issues, whilst respecting a person’s values, personal resources, culture and capacity for choice.
Counselling provides a regular time and space for someone to talk about their problems and explore difficult feelings in a confidential and dependable environment. Start your path towards becoming a counsellor today.
You’ll complete a ten-week certificate followed by an Assessment of Competence with The Career Academy, and then a Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in business communication. The credential is a mini-degree or certification in a specific topic area.
Who Should Study The Counselling Pathway?
- Those wanting to get take their first steps towards the care industry
- Those in the care industry who would like to gain a qualification
- Job seekers wanting to upskill professionally
- Anyone wanting a Deakin University credential
- Gain two qualifications to add to your CV
- The Career Academy Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Deakin University Professional Practice Credential in Business Communication
- Opens doors for further personal growth via a pathway into Deakin University
- Receive a FREE 12-month student membership to the International Association for Counselling
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time
- Receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
Three steps to gain your Credential from Deakin University!
- Complete The Career Academy Counselling Pathway
- Complete an Assessment of Competence
- Submit your work to Deakin University and receive your credential in Business Communication.
What People are Saying About The Counselling Pathway
★★★★★ “Excellent and well organized course, with very helpful tutors and strong course content.”
– Mandy Pickett
★★★★★ “I have been involved with counselling on a voluntary basis – and realised that a number of tools I used were mentioned in this course and learned lots about the skills I did not have but desired to acquire – awesome!”
– Karen Frith
2018 Copyright © Get Course
Get Course works as a marketing agent for a number of partnered Australian Registered Training Organisations (RTO). All information shared by Get Course regarding RTOs, coursework, and their qualifications, in any media, is done within this capacity. Get Course is not an RTO. Accordingly, any information regarding careers and career opportunities provided through our services is to be taken solely as a guide, and not as formal professional advice. Get Course receives a commission for referring and placing students with RTOs. *Disclaimer: the testimonials on this webpage may be taken directly from the RTO’s website themselves in some cases. Get Course cannot guarantee their authenticity.