Become a Veterinary Assistant
Study the Certificate in Pet Care and Veterinary Assistance from $25 Per Week, 100% Online From The Comfort of Your Own Home and Learn The Skills to Help Animals in Need.
Study 100% Online From Anywhere in Australia
24/7 Access to Course
No entry requirements or previous experience needed.
Self-Paced - Study When You Want
$25 Per Week Flexible Payment Plan
Resume and LinkedIn Profile assistance
Qualification: Certificate in Pet Care and Veterinary Assistance
Duration: This course is self-paced. You have up to 24 months access to complete the course.
Delivery: 100% Online. Study this course from the comfort of your own home, anywhere in Australia.
Start Date: Start Anytime
Course Fees Include:
- Video Learning “masterclass” with Bondi Vet Dr. Kate Adams.
- One-on-One Tutor Support
- Resume and LinkedIn Profile Setup Assistance to get you job search ready.
- INDUSTRY RECOGNISED: Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive an Upskill Online Certificate of Achievement in Pet Care and Veterinary Assistance.
- Letter of recommendation for future employers.
- Career Assistance Program
Payment Options: Upfront Payment or a Flexible Payment Plan (starting from $25 per week).
Institute: Upskill Online
- An Introduction to Pet Care
- Provide Basic Care for Domestic Cats
- Provide Basic Care for Domestic Dogs
- Provide Dog Grooming Service
- Taking Care of your Animals
- Common Health Issues in Domestic Pets
- Basic First Aid for Animals
- Routine Health Care for Animals
- Rehabilitation of Domestic Animals
- Maintain and Monitor Animal Health and Well-being
- Working in Veterinary Services
- Administration Services for the Veterinary Service
- Assist in Health Care of Animals
- Veterinary Diagnostic Sample Collection
- Comply with Infection Control Policies and Procedures in Animal Work
- Controlling Bacterial and Fungal Diseases in Animals Provide Nutritional Advice and Support for Animals
- Inherited Disorders of Dogs, Cats and Horses
- Other Conditions and Disorders
Animal Welfare Officer
Animal Hospital Assistant
Animal refuges and welfare organisations
Pet shop employee or business owner
Wildlife reserves, parks and zoos
Employment at a cattery, kennel, pet shop or specialist pet service or Animal accommodation facilities (e.g. kennels and catteries)
Learn How To Care For, Rehabilitate, And Provide Basic Veterinary Care For Cats, Dogs and Other Domestic Animals.
Do you have a genuine love and passion for animals and want a career where you can help animals in need? The Certificate in Pet Care and Veterinary Assistance is an industry recognised certificate that has been specially designed to teach you the skills required to care for, rehabilitate and provide basic veterinary care for dogs, cats and other domesticated animals.
Within the course you will learn how to facilitate both emergency and routine care to animals working closely with a Veterinarian, performing tasks such as administering medications, feeding animals, monitoring their weight and rehabilitation care after medical procedures. You will also learn basic first aid for animals, general care for cats and dogs, how to perform the administrations tasks needed in a veterinary practice, how to provide dog grooming services, plus much more.
The Certificate in Pet Care and Veterinary Assistance will introduce students to the animal care industry and equip them with the knowledge to work in a large variety of animal care and wellbeing roles such as an Animal Attendant/carer, Animal Welfare Officer, Animal Hospital Assistant, Pet Shop Assistant or Owner, Veterinarian Assistant, or to work in Animal refuges and welfare organisations.
Did you know over the next 5 years it’s predicted that there will be around 9,000 job openings in the veterinary care industry and even more in the animal care industry? That’s why this course comes with the following VIP features to give you the best chance at successfully securing employment upon the course completion. You’ll receive:
- A Video Learning “Masterclass” with Bondi Vet Dr. Kate Adams.
- One-on-One Tutor support to give you help every step of the way.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile setup assistance to get you job search ready.
- A Letter of recommendation for future employers.
- A Career Assistance Program to help you apply for suitable jobs.
Study from $25 Per Week
Want to study The Certificate in Pet Care and Veterinary Assistance but can’t afford to pay upfront? No problem! This course comes with a super affordable payment plan option starting from $25 per week. Simply pay a weekly amount towards your course until the course is paid off and stress less.
Make an Enquiry Now
2020 Copyright © Get Course
Get Course works as a marketing agent for a number of partnered Australian Registered Training Organisations (RTO). All information shared by Get Course regarding RTOs, coursework, and their qualifications, in any media, is done within this capacity. Get Course is not an RTO. Accordingly, any information regarding careers and career opportunities provided through our services is to be taken solely as a guide, and not as formal professional advice. Get Course receives a commission for referring and placing students with RTOs. *Disclaimer: the testimonials on this webpage may be taken directly from the RTO’s website themselves in some cases. Get Course cannot guarantee their authenticity.